Search for featured oaks. Acorns and leaves not drawn in same scale.

Saturday

First...


Why?



Some family trees may contain nuts.

I am not a botanist. I am a Sunday painter and pen and ink illustrator. I also love trees and leaves, and oaks and acorns. I studied speech pathology and nursing.I worked as a speech therapist and trauma nurse for many years. I am now a clinical analyst and I write clinical decision rule programs and modules. I also love trees and leaves, and oaks and acorns. Three years ago, I decided to embark on a project. I promised to illustrate a collection of the acorns of the world. This is the third year.  My love for trees was nurtured my by beloved mother. She was a conservationist without a personal agenda except a true love, respect and appreciation for nature especially plants and trees. She turned my childhood home into a dense grove and nursery of trees and plants. As metaphor goes, none exemplifies better the saying "sturdy oaks" as my parents did. Theirs was an honorable and exemplary life filled with virtue.

I dedicate this project to my beloved family and friends.

I am thankful to the many online botanical and academic sites that had supplemented the textbooks and live specimen resources I used complete these illustrations.

The illustrations in this blog are copyrighted by me. Please do not use these images or their derivatives for any commercial use without my written consent. 

Thank you.






Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...